Thursday, August 25, 2005

My new bike

So here I am in Michigan State. Small city, beautiful campus.

I bought a bike, because,.. well because I wanted to. So I bought one secondhand cheap. I bought a bike that has been impounded by the police then sold to the public because the owner abandoned it.

I bought mine for $10.
I needed a lock for it, and the lock cost me $14
furthermore the chains were rusted $7
the saddle was so small it hurts $21
And a wrench to put the saddle on $6



so $48 dollars for a $10 bike :)

But it's a good bike. I ride it to campus, a 10-15 minutes ride. A lot of people ride bikes to campus. There are bike posts everywhere to lock your bike. It's funny because here people ride their bikes on the sidewalk, and nobody ever wear a helmet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one is still cheaper than by a new one. Anyway, pls don't try to ride it during a snow season. Perhap you might consider to by a set of sky equiptment :D

rizli said...

Pak, sekarang PHD di michigan toch?? Gak balik lagi nih ke Indo??

rizli said...

Hehhehehhe... Hmmmm sepeda 10 dollar. Murah amatt... disini bekas paling murah aja bisa €50-75...
Semoga sukses dengan studinya. Amin.